September 9, 2010

You Will Find Courage If You Know Where Is It.

Just face the things that you fear!
http://www.wordle.net
Courage. Courage means to me that it is the time you showed someone that you are not afraid of doing it or to have the guts to do it. Now, I am going to tell you about the time on my first airplane trip to Korea. South  Korea.
Fly up into the sky!
http://www.abcteach.com/free/a/airplane1rgb.jpg


It was a chilly afternoon when I was 4. I was so scared and excited. Do you want to know why? Well, because... I am going on my first airplane trip to Korea today. But my mom said that it is South Korea. I don't get the difference between South Korea and Korea! But I don't care about it! I care about that HUGE and SPACIOUS airplane in the airport! I don't know what it feels like to be on that HUGE and SPACIOUS airplane. Will it run on the track faster than the cars? Or swim like a Submarine under water? I just don't know! "Wait." my sister always say. "Just wait until you get there on that airplane" Wait? I can't wait! I need to go there on that airplane but I'm so scared! Well, I'm scared of the dark, the store room, ghost stories, airplanes and many other things! - Actually in real life now, airplane reminded me of a song! I'm writing about airplane right, well, i'm also listening to it, Airplane! :p Back to the story now - OH NO! There! I see it! I SEE... the airport. Okay, guys the airport to me is the second scariest thing ever in my whole wide life up to now. - Okay guys, well that was like what I thought when I was 4! :\ - What did you say? Are you asking me why the airport is the second scariest thing ever in my life? Well, because it is so crowded in there. And all that i can tell you is that huge unknown people go there doing what? I don't know! Well, this is what I found there. There is a water fountain found somewhere nearby the glass door leading towards the taxi stand, but I don't think you could drink that water because lots of people are sit on the short wall surrounding the water fountain. The water rises up to around reaching to the second level which is very high. Well, i was thinking about some fishes living in there but, that is enough chit chatting about that water fountain. So. There is lots of "casher counter" almost in the middle of the airport with a screen showing the number of the counter. But I really don't think that the airport is a supermarket! But anyways, my mom lead me and a bunch of relatives to one counter with quiet a long line full of people carrying their suitcase on their hand or maybe they put theirs on the floor. They are most likely in groups or in pairs or in singles waiting for their turn to the "Casher counter". So my sister and I when to find a place to sit while my aunt went to buy snacks for us to eat. 
Once everything is done, like when it is time to check in. I was still wondering what will happen to me when I get on the plane. Every thing is still going smooth now... We are  reaching the waiting area where people going to Korea or South Korea sits there and wait too. So my mom told me to put all my stuff on the conveyor belt and walk through the metal sensor thing. Because i didn't know why that thing is there so I scraped it as I walk through it. The policewoman asked me to go back and do it again. My mom told me that I should just walk through it without scraping it. Well, what's the difference? But I didn't ask her after I walk through it. I just kept my mouth shut. I picked up my stuff and stopped by another counter. The man standing there asked me for my passport and my fight ticket. Just when I was about to answer him, my mom came. She gave my passport and my flight ticket together with her's and my sister's to the man. Once it was ready, i headed to a sit together with 3 other sits nearby for my mom, sis, and aunt. Well, I don't remember if my brother went, but that's all i remember. 
After a while, a air stewardess came out from the plane and asked all the people who have children to go into the plane first. And I was like "What the? Why me?" I was so nerves and scared because the last time i heard about airplane is that they crash and some huge fire surrounded the airplane and even on the airplane! So I walk down the steep slope leading towards the airplane. "Okay." I thought "I've showed courage in the airport so I needed to show courage on the airplane. Oh no!" So i'm currently on the aisle of the airplane. After we found our sit, my mom put our hand bags above out sit and settled down. I closed my eyes right after I sit down. "Courage. Where are you?" I murmured. After all the passengers arrived and settled down, the lights in the airplane's lights dimmed. Soon after some time, the airplane was running like a thunder storm! I graped my mom's wrist. It was like a roller coster ride. I want to go home! Then, I dared myself to look through that horrible window right beside me. I didn't want to. But I have to tell the people there with me that "Hey! People on the airplane! I am a four year old kid that is not afraid of the airplane" I had a small peek through the horrible, terrible window and saw something that made me relax. Clouds. Clouds was what i saw. "I DID IT!" I wanted to shout that. "I DID IT! I made it to the sky! I am not scared of the airplane anymore! Haha! Courage is with me!" I release my mom's hand in a trilled mood. Because I am on my way to South Korea without fearing the airplane.
I have finally know that courage is always with you and you just have to find it in you. This concept changed me forever. I became much more stronger. Because I have found Courage with me all the time. :)


Believe in yourself.
http://www.desicomments.com/dc/09/25644/25644.jpg



3 comments:

  1. That was a really cool blog, Valerie! I liked the way you learned something about yourself and showed courage at the same time. You also described the moment really well. I could picture you and the setting in my mind!I also understood how courage is always with us and we just have to find it. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow val, you really wrote a lot. I think that you really showed courage there. I would also be scared to go on my first ride on a plain. How did you like the plain was it nice. I have always wanted to go to Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an amazing blogpost, I like how you ended up finding something that was hidden in you and were so confident in being courageous. The courage in it was deep. I've found out that you are really confident and step in to things fully sure. That's an amazing thing!! Give a hand for Valerie!!

    ReplyDelete