August 31, 2010

Relating to the Past

Let's Look Into The Past!
Found on: http://blog.creativethink.com/images/2008/01/31/look_to_the_past_260.gif

           Understanding the past helps us to understand our world better. Why do I say that you might ask. Well, if you know the past and present better, you know what is the difference between the world hundreds or thousand years ago and the present. You will know who ruled Africa, Egypt and many more. You will know how do different languages came from. 


Understanding the past helps me to know better about my religion and how do my ancestors live back in the olden days of their lives. No, not just my religion but other religion and races. I've learnt about how do the Kings and Queens live and rule the country back then like Henry VIII, the most married king. When I learnt that Henry VIII married six wife and has the title of having the most wife among the British Kings. His first wife is Katherine of Aragon from 1509-1533 but he divorced her. His second wife is Anne Boleyn 1533- 1536 but he had her beheaded. His third wife is Jane Seymour 1536-1537 Henry VIII didn't do any thing to her but when Seymour gave birth to a son, she died. Then his next wife is Anne of Cleves 1539- 1540 and he divorced. His fifth wife is Catherine Howard 1540- 1542, beheaded. His last and final wife is Catherine Parr who stayed with him until he died in 1547. And most of all I can remember it very clearly because of this "poem". "Divorced, Beheaded, Died. Divorced, Beheaded, Survived."


Knowing the past makes me know my ancestors' kind of life. What about you? Do you want to know about what your family past is? Then read about the past or ask your parents about it! So understanding the past makes me know what kind of world I am living in.


The world is in our hands!
http://brandstrategy.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/world-in-black-and-white-hands-1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment